Monday, October 4, 2010

Status Update

Vaccinations: check
Passport ready: check
Plane tickets: getting purchased this week
Visa paperwork: done
All the other piles of paperwork: almost finished
Packing: started

It’s beginning to feel like I really am going to Africa! There are only 15 more days until I leave!!! I’m excited for all that I will see, do, and learn in Africa but right now I am dreading having to say goodbye to everyone at home.

School in Africa begins this month and everyone at Project Hope Charité is counting down the days until Caitlin (the other girl interning with me) and I arrive. Fall is a very busy time of year for the orphan care program and they really need the extra help. We're already getting to Africa later than anticipated. 

The start date for my Africa internship had to be pushed back from September 21 to October 19 to give Caitlin and me more time for support raising. It’s a big task and I got a late start. A few weeks ago I decided to pray specifically that God would provide all my financial support by the end of September. I wasn’t sure how this was going to happen but I knew that with God anything was possible. Last Thursday (the last day of September) I received an email from GBIM, my missions agency, informing me that they had enough frequent flyer miles to cover the cost of all my airfare to and from the Central African Republic. The cost of a roundtrip ticket to CAR is about $3000, just about the exact amount I still needed to raise. I was so blown away by how faithful God always is! Africa, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment