Monday, October 18, 2010

almost there

got my flights, visa, and euros!!!
3:55pm Tuesday, October 19. That's when I'll be officially headed to Africa! I leave from Cincinnati and will be landing in Paris on Wednesday morning hopefully with enough time to eat some European airport food and try out some French. I'll be taking off again at 11:00am for Bangui, Central African Republic and landing around 4:45 in the afternoon at my final destination.

I am getting to Bangui right at the end of a rainy season. The weather forecast for this week is 80-90 degrees F, rain, thunderstorms, and 70-100% humidity. That will be an adjustment. It is so crazy to me that right now I'm sitting in my home in Michigan and in just a few days I'll be across the world in a totally different climate and culture!

There's still some packing left to do but other than that I'm all ready to go! My visa came last week, I've been faithfully taking my malaria medication, I got my euros, Mom has finished sewing all my skirts and I've said goodbye to so many people I will miss a ton while I'm gone! (I'm not a fan of packing or goodbyes and I am so ready to have them all done with.) If all goes according to plan, I'll be in Bangui, Central African Republic next time you hear from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment